As an Environmental Scientist for Civil & Environmental Consultants, Inc. (CEC), you’ll conduct office and field activities related to environmental compliance projects and help develop plans, permit applications, and reports. Duties may include:
• Preparing environmental data tables, maps, figures, and reports to help interprets results and make recommendations for further action.
• Preparing engineering calculations, complete application forms, and help compile permit applications for new and expanding industrial, energy, and other commercial enterprises.
• Contributing to the preparation of environmental regulatory reports and plans.
• Conducting field investigations, data collection, and site reconnaissance tasks.
• B.S. in Environmental Science or related field;
• 5 years professional experience;
• Ability to work independently;
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals;
• Ability to write routine reports and correspondence;
• Ability to speak effectively;
• Ability to use Microsoft Word Processing and MS Excel spreadsheet software;
• Ability to travel overnight and work extended hours as needed.
Civil & Environmental Consultants, Inc. (CEC) is consistently ranked as an Engineering News-Record Top 200 Design Firm, offering big firm opportunities with a small firm culture. Not only will we help you develop professionally, but we will also provide you with the opportunity to become an owner of the firm and share in our success. You will work on diverse projects while providing high quality service to our clients.
In addition to offering company stock at all levels, we provide a matching 401(k), profit sharing, a performance bonus for all employees, medical dental and vision insurance, short and long term disability and tuition assistance. Join our team where your contribution matters.
CEC is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, color, religion, sex (including sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status), national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law.