As an Environmental Project Consultant or Assistant Project Manager with Civil & Environmental Consultants, Inc. (CEC), you'll be involved with environmental projects and provide client-focused customer service in the manufacturing, energy, mining, and real-estate markets. You'll perform project tasks such as environmental site assessments, remedial investigations, remedial design (in-situ treatment and source removal), environmental permitting and compliance, data management, and reporting. This position will include field work primarily consisting of monitoring well and soil boring installation, lithology characterization, soil, sediment, groundwater, and stormwater sample collection, hydrogeologic data acquisition, remedial implementation oversight, and compliance auditing. You'll interact with clients, contractors, and local government officials from the site assessment, remedial investigation, and design phases through client procurement and remedial implementation. Limited travel (upwards of 1 week per month) including overnight will be required.
• 2-7 years’ environmental consulting related experience similar to what is noted above;
• B.S. or M.S. in Civil/Environmental Engineering, Geology, or a related field;
• Preference to candidates with E.I.T., F.E., P.E., G.I.T., or P.G. registration
• Proficiency with AutoCAD/Civil 3D, ArcGIS, and/or HEC-RAS or other computer modeling software;
• Experience using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Project) is preferred;
• 40-hour HAZWOPER and refresher training (as applicable) is a plus;
• Solid organizational and time management skills;
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
• Experience with due diligence, compliance and permitting, site assessments (Phase I and II), and subsurface investigations;
• Experience with remedial design, specifications, cost estimating, and construction/remediation oversight;
• Ability to oversee subcontractors for the installation of soil borings and groundwater monitoring wells;
• Experience collecting environmental samples (soil, groundwater, sediment, and air) for analytical testing, reviewing laboratory analytical reports, and preparing field summary reports.
Civil & Environmental Consultants, Inc. (CEC) is consistently ranked as an Engineering News-Record Top 200 Design Firm, offering big firm opportunities with a small firm culture. Not only will we help you develop professionally, but we will also provide you with the opportunity to become an owner of the firm and share in our success. You will work on diverse projects while providing high quality service to our clients.
In addition to offering company stock at all levels, we provide a matching 401(k), profit sharing, a performance bonus for all employees, medical dental and vision insurance, short and long term disability and tuition assistance. Join our team where your contribution matters.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CEC is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CEC job opportunities.