- Cash receipts posting, research and reconciliation
- Prepare client invoice backup documentation and final invoice packages
- Enter and upload client invoices to third party systems and/or mail client invoices
- Client invoice processing, project revenue recognition including compliance with client proposal and contracts including project set-up, rate verification, related data entry, invoice preparation and project close-out procedures
- Prepare reports and support the monthly project review meetings including review of accounts receivable, work in progress and project budgets.
- Process weekly data for vehicle and equipment usage
- Understand the accounting cycle including deadline requirements
- Provides assistance to all areas of accounting
- Audit assistance
- Associates Degree or higher
- 0-3+ years of professional experience (engineering and consulting industry experience a plus)
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook along with aptitude for learning internal systems and accounting system (Deltek)
- Ability to work independently and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to meet daily, weekly and monthly deadlines
Civil & Environmental Consultants, Inc. (CEC) is consistently ranked as an Engineering News-Record Top 200 Design Firm, offering big firm opportunities with a small firm culture. Not only will we help you develop professionally, but we will also provide you with the opportunity to become an owner of the firm and share in our success. You will work on diverse projects while providing high quality service to our clients.
In addition to offering company stock at all levels, we provide a matching 401(k), profit sharing, a performance bonus for all employees, medical dental and vision insurance, short and long term disability and tuition assistance. Join our team where your contribution matters.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CEC is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CEC job opportunities.