Construction Quality Assurance (CQA) Technician for projects located throughout the western United States. Performing testing and observation activities at solid waste landfills and other facilities. CQA Technician will observe and test soil and geosynthetic liner components of landfill systems as well as the installation of landfill gas and leachate collection systems. Other field work to support environmental investigations, monitoring events and construction efforts may be part of this job. This position is geared towards individuals who like to work outside and who work well independently.
• Oversee construction work performed by construction contractors at solid waste landfills and other similar sites.
• Perform observation and testing of solid waste landfill construction projects including liner systems, leachate collection and management systems, landfill gas collection and control systems, and final cover systems.
• Record observations from oversight work in daily field reports.
• Prepare written and/or verbal reports of work observed during the project.
• Participate in formal and informal daily, weekly and other routine meetings with construction contractors, site personnel, regulators, and other CEC staff.
• Operate field sampling equipment including nuclear density gauge.
• Be proficient in field monitoring of groundwater, leachate, stormwater, landfill gas systems.
• Collect field samples and data to send to lab for testing.
• Operate field monitoring equipment and light power tools when necessary.
• Adhere to company and project specific health and safety requirements.
• High school diploma or equivalent is a minimum but preferred candidate will have an associate or bachelor degree in environmental science, geology, engineering or related field.
• Basic computer knowledge with the ability to learn multiple software applications.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Valid driver’s license and good driving record.
• Must be willing to travel to project locations for extended periods.
• Ability to work independently or in small groups.
• Ability to walk for extended periods of time and work in varying weather conditions.
• Ability to obtain/maintain HAZWOPER, Troxler Nuclear Density Gauge operation certificate, and other certifications.
• Ability to read engineering drawings and specifications as well as other technical documents.
• Knowledge of soil and geosynthetic testing equipment and procedures is a plus.
• Ideal candidate will have 1-3 years of previous experience as a CQA Technician or similar testing role.
• Relocation to Oklahoma City is not necessary for this position.
CEC offers big firm opportunities with a small firm culture. We understand the importance of professional growth and offer career advancement and leadership opportunities. You will work on diverse projects providing high quality services to our clients. Join our team where your contribution matters.